Memory Foam Bed Wedge - Acid Reflux
The extra 1'' of Memory Foam creates an additional layer of soft comfort and support. The memory foam molds to your body's contours, reducing pressure and increasing comfort.
- British Made.
- 2 year guarantee.
- Lengthy 14 day returns policy.
- CertiPUR® foam.
- Reduces acid reflux and heartburn symptoms instantly.
- recommended by the Oesophageal Patients Association (OPA).
- Fitted, removable, washable poly-cotton cover included.
- Recommended by the NHS.
- Average product rating of 4.49 stars.
Heartburn, Acid Reflux, GERD, GORD, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR) and similar medical conditions all result from acid seeping upwards during sleep when laying flat. When sleeping slightly tilted gravity helps stop this occurrence and reduces associated discomfort and sleep disruption.
The Adult Bed Wedge can be used in many ways:
- Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, rhinitis, glaucoma, vertigo and respiratory problems. The Putnams bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.
- Use as a back support in bed.
- Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.
The Putnams Bed wedge can be used for many different medical conditions including:
- Acid Reflux (GERD/GORD)
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR)
- Snoring reduction
- Shoulder Surgery
- Hiatus hernia (Oesophagitis)
- Esophageal Motility
- Respiratory problems
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Varicose veins (when wedge is placed under feet)
- Swollen ankles (when wedge is placed under feet)
- Phlebitis (when wedge is placed under feet)
- Oedema (when wedge is placed under feet)
"SERD [supraesophageal reflux disease] frequently occurs in the supine position and that 6 inches of head-of-bed elevation is effective in reducing supine SERD." -The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2015
Ideal for post surgery, including;
- Post hysterectomy
- Post hip replacement
- Post spinal surgery
- Post open-heart surgery
- As well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.
''Weight loss and head of bed elevation are effective lifestyle interventions for GERD'' - Stanford Study 2006
24": W24" x L30" x H6" (pictured)
36" (91.5cm) UK Single: W36" x L30" x H6" **
54" (137cm) UK Double: W54" x L30" x H6" **
60" (152.5cm) UK King: W60" x L30" x H6" **
72" (183cm) UK Super King: W72" x L30" x H6" **
W: width, L: length, H: height
**Please note that sizes larger than the 24" will have large goods shipping applied at checkout. Sizes larger than the 36" width will come in two pieces of foam (two side by side pieces that will be put into the cover to sit side by side). Covers for the sizes 54" upwards may require two people to put covers on and off.