This triangular pillow elevates the upper torso during sleep reducing acidic burn from reflux or heartburn. Comes with a fitted, washable cover.
- Fitted, washable, poly-cotton cover
- Medium/soft & supportive foam core
- Optional 1" toppers (memory foam or graphite latex)
- Handmade in the UK with a 2 year guarantee
Helps heal & comfort:
- Acid reflux / silent reflux
- GERD / GORD
- Hiatus hernia
- Sleep apnea
Standard (original) - soft but supportive foam.
Memory foam - the top 1" is replaced with memory foam for pressure relief.
Graphite latex - the top 1" is replaced with graphite latex (cooler, no FR chemicals, partly plant made, hypoallergenic).
Size: Width as selected x Length 30" (76cm) x Height 6" (15.2cm)
How to use:
The Bed Wedge is versatile and can be used in three many ways:
- Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, rhinitis, glaucoma, vertigo and respiratory problems. The Putnams bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.
- Use as a back support when sitting up in bed.
- Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs, knees & feet. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.
NHS: Our bed wedge is 15cm high, which is between 10-20cm high as recommended on the NHS website. Our wedge is also recommended by several NHS trusts.
Please note: Sizes UK double and upwards come as two pieces of foam that fit into one fitted cover, side by side. Once in the cover you cannot feel the join. Spare covers available here.
Our bed wedge...
Standard our standard foam is a soft, springy but supportive foam.
The memory foam * option is great for people who are familiar with memory foam and love it. Memory foam has well researched pressure relief benefits however memory foam does have a reputation for being a bit hotter to lie on.
Graphite latex (GL) * is the office favorite. GL is a mix of plant made latex and graphite. In bedding, graphite serves as a fire retardant and temperature regulating material that eliminates the need to use chemicals to protect sleepers. GL is biodegradable at end of life meaning it is kinder to our planet. GL is also anti-bacterial, anti-dust mite, hypoallergenic and cooling to sleep on. This option is however the most expensive but when you spend 1/3 of your life in bed it is worth getting it right.
*The memory foam and graphite latex is only on the top 2.5cm of the wedge.
We get asked this question a lot. We always recommend measuring out the width across your bed with a tape measure to get an idea of how wide your bed wedge will be. Typically if you are sharing a double bed we recommend a 24". If you are sharing anything larger you should be fine with a 36" width.
This bed wedge has a height of 6" (15cm). We have designed our bed wedge to be high enough for acid reflux prevention whilst also being comfortable to get a good nights sleep.
The NHS website states a preferred bed wedge height of 10-20cm for acid reflux.
This design decision has been led by science. A 2015 study in the Journal of allergy and clinical immunology found that 6" elevation reduced reflux in patients.